Sunday, June 3, 2012

one thing always leads to another

for weeks now i have been working on a flagstone patio
first i had to dig up the sod, then level the ground, added some fabric screening and
i was ready to head to the local landscaping store
4 trips with 200lbs each
did i mention i love my bug!!! it's great for any job

once i got all the stone moved from the car to the backyard the puzzle began
it took me several day to finally get it just right
i used sand to level and heighten some of the stones
once it settles a bit i will add in the mortar

while i was at the landscaping store i found some really interesting rocks

and of course the forklift had some great texture on it
which lead me to photoshop where i converted it to b/w and added it to my poppy photo

i duplicated the poppy  and texture photos several times
tried on several filters and played with all the blending modes
finally i added a layer mask from shadowhouse

3 comments:

Irene said...

Well it looks fabulous. How's your back? What a lot of work. I know, I've done similarly. I'm trying desperately to get my mother of thyme to grow between my stone.

justgilly said...

Beautiful!..there is no end to your talent!

Shona Martinez said...

So, this is now your backyard? It’s like a haven! The idea of installing a flagstone patio instead of covering the whole area with lawn is absolutely smart. By doing that, it’s like you’ve given your backyard an indoor feel. That can be an entertainment area for your visitors. They would absolutely enjoy this place. It’s peaceful and revitalizing! Good job, Nancy! ->Shona Martinez

Post a Comment

 
© The Evolution of Nancy
CoffeeShop Designs